It Requires only 10+2/ equivalent from any recognized board in india.
Typing speed/Shorthand sped:
1. For SI/Steno Typing 40 Wpm in English and /or 30 WPM
Shorthand 80 WPM in Hindi/English
2. For ASI 30 Wpm in English and 25 WPM in Hindi.
For Male Candidates
1. A minimum height of 165 cms. For general candidates
2. Chest 77 cms.
3. 5 cms. Of chest expansion
4. Weight proportionate with height
For Female Candidates
1. A minimum height of 157 cms. relaxable for some categories
2. Weight in proportion with height
Visual Standards -
Right eye 6/36, left eye 6/12 or each eye 6/24 without optical device. Colour blindness is not a disqualification.
Selection is done on the basis of
1. Physical test
2. Written examination
3. Typing Speed test
4. Shorthand speed test for (S.I/Steno)
Candidates who pass the physical test are eligible to sit for the written examination consisting of 4 parts
Part I - Hindi/ English language
Part II - General Intelligence
Part III - Numerical Aptitude
Part IV - Clerical Aptitude
ASI Assistant Sub Inspectors (Ministerial) are recruited by the CRPF, who have a working knowledge of Computers.