What are the remedies?
There are many things that the parents can do to boost up the learning abilities of children
1. If you feel that the child has very low IQ or learning disability, consult a doctor. Special care and teaching methods may be needed for children with learning disabilities
2. Ask the child whether he/she faces any recurrent health problems. Do not avoid his/her diseases.
3. Make that the child eats nutritious food. More than junk food and artificial drinks make sure that the child gets enough nutrition from natural foods.
4. If the child is allergic to something, stop using that thing and switch to alternatives.
5. Avoid disparities between parents. Avoid quarrels at least when the child is present.
6. Treat siblings always equally and never show partiality. Solve the fights between them diplomatically and teach them to love each other.
7. Never compare your child with other children. This will only ruin your child`s spirit and may even cause lifelong enmity with the ones he/she was compared with.
8. If the children misbehave, instead of using corporeal punishments, try denying the things children love. You can forbid them from watching TV, playing etc rather than using force upon them.
9. Recognise the child`s achievements. Reward very good achievements with small presents. But do not give expensive gifts for small achievements. Also take care not to make this a habit.
10. If you feels that your child is being isolated or hated in the class, try to find out the reasons for such hatred and remove those traits from child`s behaviour.
11. If you feel that the teachers are showing partiality or punishing children in an insulting way, it is better to shift him/her to another school.
12. Give the child the courage to face tension and pressure and adopt relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation etc if necessary
The childhood and adolescence are the formative years of your kid`s life. A little care, love and encouragement in these years can make your child a successful personality. Never forget this and prepare your child for the worst in the life.